Board of Directors
Governance of SCLHSA is conducted by a nine (9) member Board of Directors.The Board includes two residents from the parishes of Lafourche and Terrebonne and one resident from the parishes of Assumption, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist and St. Mary. Each board member is appointed by the governing authority of each parish and must possess experience in the areas of mental health, addictive disorders, or developmental disabilities and represent parents, consumers, advocacy groups, or serve as a professional in one of the sarea. All members serve without compensation.
The Administration of the SCLHSA is headed by an Executive Director, who is selected by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director presents to Board of Directors monthly updates and an annual Ends Policy Monitoring Report detailing progress toward the organization’s Strategic Plan Goals and Objectives. As an organization that has adopted and actively practices both Accountable Care and Performance Improvement models/philosophies, South Central Louisiana Human Services Authority continuously communicates, monitors, reports, and implements corrective action/process improvement activities with regard to Strategic Plan Goals, Objectives, and Performance Indicators via a broad range of venues (from individual supervision to performance reporting available to staff).
Local governance puts responsibility for services “closer to home”. The SCLHSA becomes a part of the community and service delivery is more responsive to local needs. Problems can be more readily addressed by the local community. Some of the benefits and advantages of a local Board Member serving the Authority or Local Governing Entity are:
- The Authority is able to save money through streamlined purchasing, contracting, and collections. Experience has shown that more money can be dedicated to direct service delivery rather than to administration and bureaucracy.
- Flexibility and reduced red tape allow greater service satisfaction for clients. Services can be provided in a more creative, person-centered manner, in keeping with the client’s individual needs.
- An integrated organizational structure allows for appropriate sharing of staff and resources to more holistically address client needs, and provide multi-disciplinary services across a connected continuum.
- Collaboration with local agencies, such as school boards, and local juvenile agencies is improved. The community and elected officials can more easily communicate with the SCLHSA’s Executive Director and program managers directly.
- A local entity becomes more responsible for the level of care provided and has more control over the delivery of services to those most in need.
- Because fiscal and programmatic decisions are made at the community level, local governments have more incentive to support the services directly.
The SCLHSA Board meets the 2nd Thursday of each month at 6:00PM at the SCLHSA Administration Office located at 158 Regal Row in Houma, LA. Dates are subject to change depending on quorum attendance and scheduling to meet the needs of the Board Members and/or holidays. Please check the SCLHSA Website for updates closer to Board Meeting dates to include:
- July 14, 2022
- August 11, 2022
- September 8, 2022
- October 13, 2022
- November 10, 2022
- December 8, 2022
You may contact the SCLHSA Administrative Office anytime at (985) 858-2931 to inquire about Board Meeting Dates or other issues.
Board Agendas and Minutes
Click links below to Access Board Agendas and Minutes: